ABOUT INNER WHEEL
International Inner Wheel is one of the largest women’s organizations with more than 103,000 members in almost 3,895 Inner Wheel clubs in 102 countries and geographical regions worldwide.
As an NGO (Non Governmental Organisation), IIW has a consultative status at the United Nations. Six members are appointed to represent International Inner Wheel at the United Nations in New York, Geneva and Vienna.
The Aims and Objectives of IIW are:
- to promote true friendship,
- to encourage the ideals of personal service,
- to foster International understanding.
The vision of IIW is to become a global network of dedicated active modern women that voluntary donate commitment and love to others.
The mission of IIW is to promote actions, services and good practices intended to improve the lives of women and children in the world.
The values of IIW are the care for:
- status of women,
- children’s life,
- human rights,
Active membership may be taken up by the following, provided that they are over 18 years:
- women related to Rotarians/former Rotarians,
- women related to Inner Wheel members/former Inner Wheel members,
- women who have been invited to join - provided that a majority of the Club members agree.
Inner Wheel year
The Inner Wheel year lasts from 1st July to 30th June.